Welcome new administrator to out admin team! This page will explain your duties, roles, responsibilities and of course privileges of being a sysop hear. Being an admin does not make you above everyone else, if you abuse your rights they will be removed without question.
What additional powers do I get?Edit
This is basic list of extra tools you get. Bolded items are common with the deletion user group and italic items are common to the rollback user group.
- Rollback edits of one editor to the last version by another
- Suppress redirects when performing a page move
- Delete pages
- Undelete pages
- Delete revisions from public view
- Protect pages
- Unprotect pages
- Edit protected pages
- Block users
- Unblock users
- Edit the MediaWiki namespace
Other user rightsEdit
- Oversight a revision or log entry so that only users in the oversight group can see it (not even normal sysops can see it).
- Check a user's IP address or see what accounts are connected to an IP address, usually to make IP blocks on spammers and sockpuppeteers.
- View the CheckUser log of other CheckUsers doing checks on users and IPs
- Edit all user rights
- Rename a user
- Merge two users into the one account